Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Triton Kunai WiiU headphones

I got these headphones not long after getting my WiiU, sometime around Dec 2012 if I remember right. The reason I got the Triton Kunai's is because at the time they were the top of the line for the WiiU and at the time I was playing a lot of Call Of Duty Black Ops 2.

My first impression out of the box was that these headphones were gorgeous. I got the black and silver and they looked like they should be upwards of $100. I liked the feeling of the ear pads ad the center pad on the band they made the head phones fit very comfortably. The ear pieces are large enough to cover the whole ear but not swallow the side of a persons face. The detachable mic was a nice touch since I didn't always chat while playing and I hate having to find a position to place a mic to get it out of my face. The one cord connection was another perk to these headphones. They have one wire that connects to the tablet and that is it. They are very basic with only a volume control and mic mute on the cord which makes them very user friendly.

When using the headphones with the WiiU the look is pretty much the only thing I was really impressed with. I thought being Triton and all that these headphones would have amazing sound and make it easier to hear online. I was not as impressed as I would have liked for $50. For some reason when using these headphones they didn't get as loud as I would have liked and you can still hear noses outside of the game. I connected the headphones to my phone and listened to music even made a phone call to see if I could and the sound was amazing and if you want to look like a football coach walking around you can even make calls using them. So why is it they don't produce the same sound while being used with the WiiU. I don't think that the issue is as much with the headphones as it is with the WiiU but still your connecting them to the WiiU so they kinda go hand in hand.

Ultimately if you are trying to get headphones so you can hear your game and not disturb other people these are pretty good headphones. If you are trying to improve your kill streak or what not on Call of Duty try to find a different set of compatible headphones. I like the headphones over all but i wish I would have only paid $30 for them not $50 plus tax.

This picture is meant to show off the padding that theses headphones have

The pretty Triton logo across the band

Detachable / adjustable mic

Volume control

Mic mute toggle switch

No comments:

Post a Comment