Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Chasing Mavericks Movie Review

So I just finished watching the movie Chasing Mavericks.

Chasing Mavericks is about Jay Moriarty A kid that discovers surfing when he almost drowns at the age of like 8 or 9. In the movie he is living in a pretty broken home with his mom and his one escape is surfing. One day he follows Frosty Hesson a local legend on a surfing trip and discovers the legendary Maverick swells. After discovering these he convinces Frosty to train him how to surf them. There is more to this movie but I don't want to ruin it.

I don't know how accurate a lot of this movie is but if you like movies about someone working their ass off to achieve their goals this is a great movie. It also shows that if you push yourself hard enough you can make it through anything and to any goal. I am not going to go into details about this movie because there are a lot of parts that you don't expect and I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I would highly recommend watching this movie though.


No comments:

Post a Comment