Tuesday, June 4, 2013

GoPro Hero 3 Black

I have had my GoPro Hero 3 Black for a couple months now and i must say it is an impressive little camera. The issue is it is too impressive. I have talked to multiple people that have the same problem I do. The camera itself is so powerful that my 2008 macbook pro cant review the videos by simply importing them and watching them. When I do this the video is choppy and the sound is off. I have to actually import it onto my computer then import it into iMovie to see the video in all its splendor. I think that this is less a camera issue but more a software / hardware issue with my old computer.

The things that I love about the camera though far out weigh the issue I wrote about in the previous paragraph. I just started playing with all the crazy features the other day when I went to the skatepark with my son. One feature that I am in love with is the 100 fps shooting for when I want to slow a video down.

 The second thing that really impressed me was the app. When the app first came out it was pretty badly broken and almost not worth using, But now that they have updated it and improved the glitches it is really nice to use when setting up the camera stationary or for seeing where the camera is pointed when it is mounted. In the last update they also made it to where you can preview the sound through the app so you can tell if you need the waterproof or the other back plate when recording.

The only issues that I have with the app right now is the fact that there is a good 4-5 second lag between the camera and the app when reviewing. The second issue that I would like to see them fix in the future would be the inability to review videos that you have already recorded.

The third thing that impressed me with the Black Edition is the remote. When I first got the camera I thought to myself I will never use the remote, I was wrong. When I was still living in washington state I  used to go mountainboarding every saturday with my brother. When I mountainboard I wear some pretty thick motorcycle gloves and with the GoPro I could press the buttons to turn it on and to record but sometimes it was a pain. With the remote I can just mount it to my glove or arm and the buttons are large enough to easily press.

This is all I have for now about the Hero 3 Black Edition but I will update regularly as i figure things out. Videos showing the 100fps slow motion should be up by the end of the day. If there is anything that you would like to know that I didn't cover please feel free to leave a comment either here or on my Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/KrisSquibb511ProductionsCO
Hero 3 Black Edition

This is the back of the hero three I have the open back plate to get better sound in my recordings (this makes the GoPro no longer waterproof)

New clasp design makes it more secure you have to slide the button over then flip the clasp down to unlock

The additional button on the side it to enable or disable the wifi 

new larger flat buttons make the camera easier to use in or out of the case

The new Hero three takes a Micro SD card and has Mini HDMI out

No comments:

Post a Comment